Our Governing Body 2022-23
To build a successful partnership where teachers, parents and governors work together for the benefit of the children. The Governing Body must include two parent governors elected by the parents of the school. It must also include a Teacher Governor and a Support Staff governor elected by the school’s staff. These governors serve for a period of four years. There are also Foundation Governors appointed for a four year period by the Diocese of Salford. In addition there are LEA governors appointed by Oldham Education Authority.
The Role of the Governing Body
• The general running of the school.
• Policy development.
• Planning the school budget.
• Selecting and appointing staff.
• Supporting school discipline.
• Producing an annual report for parents.
• Maintaining the Catholicity of the school.
• School Development Planning.
The Governors meet at least once a term and also attend other committee meetings.
Become a School Governor
Please select a document below to access the information.