Pupil Chaplains 2017-18
We are pleased to introduce our newly appointed pupill chaplaincy team commissioned by Father Michael at St Mary's church on Friday 1st December.
Our Pupil Chaplains for 2017-18
St Mary's school has a team of dedicated Pupil Chaplains who promote the Catholic Ethos our school. Pupil Chaplaincy has a high profile in our school. Each one of the Pupil Chaplains has to apply for this important role and is interviewed by the Parish Priest, the Headteacher and the RE Coordinator. Following the interviews, the Pupil Chaplains are commissioned by our Parish Priest, in Church, and the ceremony is attended by the whole school and the families of the new Pupil Chaplains.
Our Pupil Chaplains are a very dedicated team who have a vital role in enhancing the Religious Life of our school. Their roles include delivering class Prayer and Worship, leading prayers and reflections in assemblies and Liturgical events, supporting charities and fundraising events. They are good role models for the younger pupils in our school and award certificates for acts of kindness.
We are very proud of our Pupil Chaplains.
This role is to serve as a member of a GIFT Chaplaincy Team to support the Catholic Life of the School. Pupils will be entrusted with the responsibility of:
- Giving joyful witness of Christ in their school – missionary disciples.
- Providing support in the delivery of the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of all pupils across the curriculum.
- Assisting with the Sacramental programme.
- Peer pastoral care – building on the good practice in your school.
- Assisting with the delivery and development of the prayer life of the school supporting assemblies, worship, class prayer times and prayer groups.
- Assisting with developing and leading retreat experiences for pupils.
- Developing and leading social justice activities in your school.
- Developing the use of the chapel/prayer room/sacred spaces or areas.
- Being present on parents and opening evenings to help with the welcome of all the community.
- Developing outreach work and supporting local, national and international charities – Caritas Diocese of Salford, Cafod: working for change – being the change makers.